Gynecological pathologies include all diseases that affect the female genital system; they can concern the vagina, the vulva (external part of the genital organs), the uterus (seat of the embryo during a pregnancy), the ovaries or the fallopian tubes (which connect the uterus to the ovaries)
Among the frequent uterine pathologies :
- Endometriosis: a chronic gynecological disease characterized by the abnormal presence of endometrial tissue.
- Uterine fibroid: a very common benign (non-cancerous) gynecological tumor.
- Pelvic static disorders: urogenital prolapse, rectal prolapse, more commonly known as “organ descent”. Very often, these disorders are the result of successive deliveries and the age of the patient.
- Cancer of the uterus (cervix or body)
Among the frequent ovarian pathologies:
- Cysts and benign tumors of the ovary – Cancer of the ovary
Among the frequent pathologies of the vulva:
- Tumors and cancers of the vulva
Their clinical signs and treatments depend on the condition and its stage. A clinical gynecological examination as well as complementary imaging examinations are necessary in order to make a precise diagnosis and to consider with the surgeon the therapeutic management.
These pathologies include benign tumors, but also gynecological cancers, abnormalities of the reproductive system and infections (such as STIs).
SurgyOne treats all gynecological pathologies.
The treatment depends on the type of disease. Medication treatments exist, depending on the disease. Surgery is also a standard treatment, even if the condition is benign.
Surgical treatments can consist of :
- cystectomy of the ovary
- uni/bilateral oophorectomy
- adnexectomy (removal of the ovary and fallopian tube)
- conization (partial removal of the cervix)
- subtotal or total hysterectomy
- treatment of prolapses
In the case of cancerous pathologies, management is multidisciplinary (surgeons, oncologists, anatomopathologists, anesthesiologists). The proposed therapeutic choices are discussed in multidisciplinary meetings.
SURGYONE ASSISTS YOU
Surgyone offers you a medical supervision by state-of-the-art teams (combining organ specialists, specialized surgeons, anesthesiologists, anatomical pathologists and specialized oncologists).
The surgical or endoscopic techniques required to manage your pathology are part of the current surgical excellence (conventional surgery, minimally invasive surgery, robotic surgery, interventional endoscopy).
In the context of the management of cancer-related pathologies, all decisions will be taken during multidisciplinary consultation meetings related to this pathology.
SurgyOne helps you with the following pathologies :
Pathology of the uterus
- Gynecological prolapses associated or not with urinary prolapses
- Uterine cancer
- Benign tumors and cysts of the breast
- Breast cancer
- Breast reconstruction
- Cosmetic breast surgery
- Cysts and benign tumors of the ovary
- Ovarian cancer
Surgical pathology information request
( 24h/24 - 7d/7 )